Grove Financial & Associates, Inc

350 S Sporting Hill Rd
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

Get Directions

My RV doesnt have a motor. Am I required to carry RV insurance?

RV owners must follow the exact insurance requirements as owners of other vehicles. The type of RV determines which laws apply. The rules that govern RV owners are usually based on whether the RV is motorized, and the weight can also affect insurance requirements. At Grove Financial & Associates Inc. in Mechanicsville, PA, we are dedicated to assisting Pennsylvania RV owners in comprehending RV insurance and obtaining the necessary coverage. 

What are Pennsylvania’s RV insurance requirements? 

Pennsylvania’s law says all drivers must have liability insurance. This includes RVs and all motorized Class A, B, and C motor homes. Drivers need to have liability coverage in the amount of at least $15,000 for bodily injury and death per person. Drivers must also carry liability coverage for $30,000 if more than one person is injured or killed in an accident. Personal liability coverage for property damage for at least $5,000 is also required.  

Am I required to carry RV insurance?

No. If your RV isn’t motorized, you’re not legally required to carry RV insurance in Pennsylvania. However, if you are leasing or financing your RV, the loan company or lessor may require you to carry RV insurance. This is an insurance policy for the loan company if something happens to the RV before it’s paid in full. If you have auto insurance, your policy may cover small towable trailers. However, weight requirements may govern whether your RV would be eligible for this type of coverage. Also, RV insurance may be a good investment if you lack the finances to pay for damage or unexpected circumstances involving your RV. If you have more questions about RV insurance, call us. We’d be happy to help you explore your options. 

Partner Carriers