As a new driver in Pennsylvania, you may have some misconceptions about auto insurance protection. These misconceptions could cause you to make costly mistakes in your coverage. At Grove Financial & Associates, Inc., we’ll provide you with the facts concerning auto insurance protection so that you can make good insurance choices. Here are some vital auto insurance facts every new driver should know.
Fact: Auto insurance isn’t one size fits all. You can customize your coverage to obtain the essential protection you need. Customizing your policy can also save you money on your premium.
Fact: Standard auto policies in Pennsylvania offer numerous coverage options to include:
- Liability – helps cover damage to others in accidents you cause
- Collision – helps pay collision damage to your car.
- Comprehensive – protects your car from theft and covers damage caused by non-collision sources like falling objects, inclement weather, and vandalism.
- Uninsured Motorist – helps cover damage to your car caused by an uninsured or hit and run driver.
- Roadside Assist – helps cover towing and minor vehicle repairs if your vehicle breaks down unexpectedly on the road.
- Car Rental Protection – helps cover car rental car costs if your vehicle has to go to the shop for repairs.
Fact: Liability coverage is mandatory in most states, and Pennsylvania is no exception. All drivers are required to carry minimum liability coverage. This insurance pays for injuries and property damage of other drivers in accidents you cause.
Fact: Auto insurance coverage and costs vary from one insurer to another. By shopping around and comparing what different insurers have to offer, you can obtain quality coverage at reasonable prices.
Learn more about auto insurance in Carlisle and Mechanicsburg, PA by calling or visiting an agent from Grove Financial & Associates, Inc. today.